Sunday, April 22, 2012

C4K Summary for April

Kids Connected Around the World



On March 31st, I commented on a wonderful slideshow that Drew made about Global Warming. He outlined some problems: temperatures and sea levels rising. He also outlined some solutions: Use less hot water, switch off the lights, and "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle."

Here is the comment that I left for Drew:
Dear Drew,
My name is Eleanor Pomerat and I’m a student at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed your presentation on Global Warming. It was very convincing and it seemed like you put a lot of thought into it. I will try to donate a dollar to the plantabillion website; Until I read your blog post, I had never heard of it. Where did you find out about it? I look forward to reading your future posts. 

     On April 8th*, I commented on Drew's blog again. This time it was on a post entitled "Making A Difference in the World." Drew's blog post was focused on water.org. He did a superb job listing facts, posting pictures, and posting a link to a video. At the end of his post, Drew asks his readers these questions: "What will you do to help? Raise awareness? donate? Or the big one, actually fly over to the countries and help out.

This is the comment that I left for Drew on April 8th:
Dear Drew,
My name is Eleanor Pomerat and I’m commenting on your blog for the second week.
I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog posts. I read your post and then, I spent some time looking around water.org. It really is a great website!
I will help by spreading awareness. I don’t really have the funds to be able to donate and I certainly can’t afford to fly overseas. However, lack of clean drinking water is a major issue and deserves much more awareness. I will create awareness by using water.org’s surprising facts and by holding fundraisers. Do you know of any other websites that have good facts and information to use?
I have one tip for you: remember to proofread.
Best,
Eleanor Pomerat

     Drew didn't have a new post for me for leave a comment on during the week of April 9th to 15th*, so I went back in time (per Dr. Strange's suggestion) and left a comment on a previous blog post by Drew. He had a wonderful post about how to comment. He explained that it is important to focus on the things are done well in a blog post and then to give advice on the things that need improvement. Secondly, Drew suggested that you ask questions. Finally, he wrote that it's very important to only say "useful" things. The comment I left for Drew was in reply to his post and encouraging him to post again.

Here it is:
Dear Drew,
My name is Eleanor Pomerat and I am a student at the University of South Alabama.
I really enjoyed reading your advice on the best way to comment. Earlier this semester, my professor gave us suggestions on how to write good comments. His suggestions were really close to yours.
How long have you been blogging?
I left you a comment on this post because you didn’t have any new posts that I could read and comment on. I always enjoy reading your posts and hope to see a new one soon!
Best,
Eleanor Pomerat

     On April 20th, I left a comment on Titan's blog. He is a 1st grader in Ms. Cassidy's classroom. His post was entitled "Hiding Eggs At Easter." Titan's post is too short for me to properly summarize, so I will copy it here:"las tim it wus esd and the esd bune hud esd."

Here is the comment that I left for Titan:
Hi Titan,
I really enjoyed reading your blog post. Did the Easter Bunny hide eggs at school and at home? I love Easter, but I can't eat very much chocolate because it will give me a headache. What is your favorite kind of Easter Candy?
Bye,
Eleanor Pomerat
University of South Alabama

 *For the comments that I left on April 8th and April 15th. The actual comments show a time-stamp of the following day. However, I sent emails immediately after leaving these comments to edm310c3k@gmail.com and those emails were sent on April 8th and April 15th, respectively. Thus, it is impossible for me to have left those comments on the following day. I wrote about this issue in my c4k email on April 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment